Typical Questions that we answer for our clients
- What is financial planning?
- How much do we need to save for our education goals?
- Are my rental properties good investments?
- Can we afford a second home?
- What do I need to consider in starting / selling a business?
Retirement Income Planning:
- Am I saving enough?
- When can we retire?
- When should I take Social Security? Are there strategies to maximize how much I receive?
- Can you project multiple “what if” retirement scenarios?
- How much should I budget for health care during retirement?
- Will my money last as long as I do?
- How do we develop an effective Retirement Income distribution plan, and how do we determine which assets to pull from first/last and how much from each?
- What is asset allocation?
- What does diversification really mean?
- How do I protect my portfolio from inflation?
- Should we invest ‘actively’ or ‘passively’?
- What are ‘alternative’ asset classes? Should we invest in them?
- What is the right allocation for me today? What should it be when I retire?
- How do we reduce income taxes?
- Can you coordinate with my current CPA? How do I find a good accountant?
- Which accounts should we draw from when?
- When should I exercise stock awards?
- Should I contribute to a Roth IRA or Roth 401(k)?
- Would we benefit from a Roth conversion?
- Do I need a will? What happens if I die without a will?
- What happens to our kids if we died?
- Do I need a living trust?
- Are our accounts registered correctly?
- What should I be doing now to prepare?
- Can you help us develop charitable / philanthropic giving strategies?
- How do I efficiently pass wealth to my children / grandchildren?
- Will I owe estate taxes? What strategies can I use to minimize them?
- Can you coordinate with our current or recommend a good estate attorney?
- How long should I plan to live?
- How do I best protect my family?
- How much life insurance do we need? Should it be permanent or term?
- Am I paying too much for home and auto insurance?
- What is umbrella coverage and do I need it?
- When should we consider long-term care insurance?
- Am I selecting the right employee benefits?
- How do we develop a sustainable spending plan?
- Do I have enough saved for a Rainy Day?
- Where is the best place to have our savings?
- Can I spend more or give more without feeling guilty?
- Am I spending too much?
- Should I refinance my mortgage? Is it worth paying points?
- Should I save or pay off my loan?
- Where is the best source of financing?
- Is it better to lease or buy a vehicle?
- How important is it to be debt-free at retirement?